Tungasuvvingat Inuit will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- ensuring that all clients receive the same value and quality;
- allowing clients with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk;
- using alternative methods when possible to ensure that clients with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner;
- taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services; and
- communicating in a manner that takes into account the client’s disability.
In 2008, the Ontario Government adopted the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “AODA”).
Tungasuvvingat Inuit (TI) is committed to providing an accessible environment in which all individuals can access our services and programs in a manner that positively reinforces client service. TI strives at all times to provide its services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. TI is also committed to giving people with disabilities equal opportunity to access and use our services, and is committed to allowing those with disabilities to benefit from the same services, at the same place and in the same or similar way as other clients.
All documents and forms concerning TI’s Accessible Client Service Policy are available by request by contacting:
Phone: (613) 565-5885 ext. 219
Fax: (613) 563-4136
In person: 1071 Richmond Rd., Ottawa ON K2B 6R2
Tungasuvvingat Inuit will also strive to provide its Accessible Client Service Policy and other related information in a format that is accessible to a requester with a disability.
Please send any specific TI service centre location accommodation requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We strive to improve accessibility for our clients with disabilities. We would like to hear your comments, questions and suggestions about the provision of our services to people with disabilities. Click the link below to access our Client Services Feedback Form or request a copy of the form by using any of the contact information above.
TI will also establish policies, practices and procedures which support the other accessibility standards established under the AODA on information and communication, employment and the built environment.